2021 Green Triangle Timber Industry Awards Set to Celebrate the Best in the Industry.
After a challenging year for the region, the Green Triangle Timber Industry Awards (GTTIA) are back and are getting ready to recognise the best in the industry. The 2021 event, to be held on Friday 29 October at The Barn, Mount Gambier, is highly anticipated by all in the sector and will recognise outstanding contributions across a range of new awards categories.
Bringing together companies from both Victoria and South Australia, the awards acknowledge the standout contributors within their sectors across the Green Triangle and showcase innovative, sustainable and environmentally friendly practices across the industry.
GTTIA Chairman Adrian Flowers said he was grateful for the timber industry’s continued patronage and is excited about what was in store for the 2021 event.
“We are very fortunate to have the support and recognition of our peers as the flagship timber industry awards in the region,” he said.
“The GTTIA committee are excited to build on our past awards nights, which were really well received, by adding exciting new categories in response to industry feedback.”
“With these new awards, the GTTIA committee believe we can truly showcase best practice in an ever-evolving and dynamic industry”
Focussing on individual contributions, the new awards categories are:
- Sawmilling and Processing Excellence (Individual Award)
- Operations – Harvesting and In-Field Chipping Excellence (Individual Award)
- Operations – Silviculture and Timber Support Services Excellence (Individual Award)
- Logistics Excellence – Port Operations, Marshalling and Timber Haulage (Individual Award)
- Trainee Award (Individual Award)
- Timber Legend (Individual Award)
- Environment and Sustainability (Individual Award)
- Safety Excellence – Less than 30 Staff Members (Company Award)
- Safety Excellence – More than 30 staff members (Company Award)
Mr Flowers said the committee would soon be looking to secure sponsors for its new awards categories and reiterated their importance in bringing the event to fruition.
“Many of our sponsors enthusiastically return each year and show their dedication to elevating the industry both locally and further afield,” he said.
“With these exciting new awards comes the opportunity for sponsors to once again get on board and shine a light on the highly skilled and dedicated workforce across the Green Triangle.”
Nominations for the GTTIA awards will open next month. To find out more, including sponsorship enquiries, please visit www.gttia.com or contact GTTIA Event Manager Gaylene Newton on email@example.com or 0409 021 984.